About Science Education Unit
Science Education Unit (SEU) was established in January 1989. Its main objectives are:
- To advise the Faculty on changes in curricula and examination schemes at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- To forward proposals to the relevant authorities regarding require_onced revisions at the G.C.E. (O/L) and G.C.E.(A/L) curricula in science subjects.
- To encourage and provide financial assistance to Faculty members for writing and publishing books/monographs in science.
- To conduct “Science Camps” for the benefit of rural school children
- To conduct seminars/workshops and training programs for science teacher in secondary schools.
- To provide assistance and guidance to external degree candidates.
- To popularize science among the masses, particularly among school children.